Calling: Sense 'client' app beta testers

Stephen Healy

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2023
Kenilworth, UK
Hi everyone,

We will soon begin rolling out a beta for an update to the actual Sense client remote app itself that you install on to your iOS and Android devices.

This new app is a total rebuild over the old one, leveraging in new technology to give us a platform with greater potential in to the future, and a base from which to roll out more in-app features.

Initially, this beta will not have many new features but should generally benefit for much improved connection speeds and rapidity when switching systems.
So, if you currently encounter long delays with the app finding the system on your network, or the 'black screen' upon unlocking, then i recommend signing up to this beta.

To be involved, simply PM me directly with the following information:
  • Your name
  • Platform used (iOS or Android)
  • The Google / Apple email address associated with your respective account
I will compile these requests throughout the week commencing September 23rd where we then plan to roll out the new version for beta testing.

Thank you!

Reactions: DanCollier
Thank you to those who submitted their requests over the weekend - the beta version of the new app should now be available to you.
We are still happy to take on more testers for the beta of the new app version, so do still feel free to send me a direct message with your name, phone platform and email address and I can get you enrolled.

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli
Just launched the App via TestFlight (iPad Pro 17.7).

It immediately appears that going back and forth from other app is fluid, no delays as usual when I come back to Sense from Safari of other apps. The transition is immediate and most of all the annoying black screen seems finally fixed. After 2 hours in use, all is working very quick and flawlessly. Thanks Innuos staff!

Reactions: Stephen Healy
On iPhone 12 & iPad air - IOS 18
Black screens are replaced by white screens!
and sometimes even white flashes at the launch of the app and after all works normally
No delays, very fast connection.

iPhone Pro iOS 18 & iPad Pro iPadOS 18
Definitely a much more responsive app. No issues so far :)

Small “scrolling” glitch in the info section of an album/track, which becomes apparent in landscape mode and seemingly only in iPadOS. You could swipe down to read more text (white area), but you have to keep your finger on the screen, as it would otherwise bounce back to the top section of the entry. Text would scroll in iOS though.

Attachments

• IMG_0591.png
    IMG_0591.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 32

Small “scrolling” glitch in the info section of an album/track, which becomes apparent in landscape mode and seemingly only in iPadOS. You could swipe down to read more text (white area), but you have to keep your finger on the screen, as it would otherwise bounce back to the top section of the entry. Text would scroll in iOS though.
Thanks for that feedback; I am not able to replicate this on my iPad 5th Gen so this is perhaps unique to newer iOS 18 or to the 'Pro' iPads. We will test for this.

Interesting. Opened Sense on my iPad. Did not use Sense app for a a couple of hours. Had a white screen. Swiped up (closed) the app and it reconnected as expected.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.png
    IMG_0592.png
    63 KB · Views: 15

I do not have this problem on my iPad Air M1.... So far my experience is very good with the new app. I will continue to test

The icons for some streaming services seem to be missing in settings (iOS 18.1beta)…

Attachments

• IMG_4431.png
    IMG_4431.png
    926.6 KB · Views: 11
I am testing the beta now. I have experienced the white screens like the others, and had the black screen issue in the past. This always seems to happen after I return to the app after an extended period. i.e. It is always running on my iPhone, and music is playing, but I am not actively using the app. If there is anyway that I can be of additional help on this issue, please let me know, I am technical.

On the upside, the response times on the app are noticeably better, especially when I first switch back to the app and it needs to reconnect.

Stephen, is there a specific place where you want this feedback for the beta, or is this forum best. I did not see any avenue for submitting through the beta or Test Flight.

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli
I’ve not had this happen before. I tried the cover art search on a number of different albums with identical results. As you can imagine, it’s not very helpful.IMG_0208.jpeg

I’ve not had this happen before. I tried the cover art search on a number
of different albums with identical results. As you can imagine, it’s not very helpful.
IMG_0208.jpeg

icons Deezer & HighresAudio missing
Ok for Qoubuz & Tidal (on which I'm logged)

Attachments

• Sense beta 1.5.jpg
    Sense beta 1.5.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 8