Sense - release 3.0.0

Changelog

Features and Improvements

• Introducing TIDAL Connect
  • Allow to hide playlists in the playlists page
  • Additional sorting for playlists
  • Playlist filters
  • It's now possible to add all tracks from a Qobuz, TIDAL and Sense playlist to new or existing Sense playlists
  • It's now possible to add all tracks from a TIDAL/Qobuz playlist to a user-created TIDAL/Qobuz playlist
  • It's now possible to remove and change position of tracks on user-created TIDAL/Qobuz Playlists
  • It's now possible to save a queue with only Qobuz/TIDAL tracks directly into a Qobuz/TIDAL playlist
  • Support for Qobuz Collaborative Playlist
  • Multiple album editing options have been combined into a single smart 'Merge Album' feature
  • Added support for expandable storage for ZEN NG and ZENith NG
  • Added support for using an external optical Drive for the ZEN NG and ZENith NG
  • Improved UI for alphabetic index sliders
  • Clicking/touching the album cover on the Now Playing screen opens a larger version of the cover
  • Improve NAS status check performance when rescanning a folder
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed missing information when accessing the track info in 'Now Playing' screen for Deezer tracks
  • Fixed issue that caused a Qobuz section to be shown at the bottom of every album even when Qobuz was logged out
  • Fixed issue with volume slider in iOS devices

With all I’m reading it looks like there is a designed sonic improvement in the recent Sense update. Can Innuos detail what their expectations were from the sonic update. I feel my system sound has benefitted via the update. The bottom seems fuller and hearing more into the music (more depth) with further refined instrument and vocal separation. Anyone else hearing these improvements? I was leaning towards a highly resolving system when I put mine together. It really shows the impact of changes in any part of the signal chain, system details (zen mk3> USB Denafrips T2 12> balanced nordost valhalla xlr cables>Sim Audio Moon 700i> Focal Sopra 2 speakers. Thanks
I did not see any claim for a sonic improvement when Stephen detailed the changes. I have a highly resolving system as well and while I am very happy with all my improvements I didn't notice anything in particular had changed sonically. Zenith Mk 3 >Phoenix USB reclocker>PS Audio Direct Stream Mk 2> krell kct pre-amp to hegel h30 amp> Thiel CS6 speakers. Audioquest interconnects DRagon and Audioquest Dragon power cables

but i strongly doubt there is an issue with the update if it went through to the finish and completed successfully.
Thanks for the reply 🙂...

It seems to work as it should,.was just extremely surprised when the upgrade started at level 4,and took significantly less time than 15 minutes.
This when you assumed that it would take almost an hour.

Well,.I have another Zenith mk3 that I will upgrade to Sense 3 on Thursday….
It will be interesting to follow that progress.

I did not see any claim for a sonic improvement when Stephen detailed the changes. I have a highly resolving system as well and while I am very happy with all my improvements I didn't notice anything in particular had changed sonically. Zenith Mk 3 >Phoenix USB reclocker>PS Audio Direct Stream Mk 2> krell kct pre-amp to hegel h30 amp> Thiel CS6 speakers. Audioquest interconnects DRagon and Audioquest Dragon power cables
I was reading in one of the chains where Nuno stated “ every software upgrade is to elevate sound quality and user experience”. I felt I was experiencing both with the 3.0 upgrade, perhaps my system was performing very well the day I did the upgrade, agreed I did not see any reference to this in Stephens details.

I personally do extensive testing of every software release on our sound room and most certainly would not release an update that would have a negative impact on sound quality. Sound quality is paramount to us and we are constantly thriving for new strategies to improve it. Such a description of drop of sound quality there as "mids and warmth have gone" would be very evident in testing. Perhaps the software volume is not set at 100% as that will have an audible influence in sound quality? We had this on Beta with dozens of users from Statements to PULSEmini and never heard anyone mentioning a drop ion sound quality, on the contrary - they were noticing a small improvement...

With Sense 3, the main changes in terms of sound were done for ZEN/ZENith Next-Gen only to make the most of the new architecture. We have a few improvements that we are testing for all systems. Do mind this is hi-fi, so it's all very personal and what some will consider an improvement, others may not. It is what it is.

Every upgrade in our software is to both elevate sound quality and the user experience. Do you feel none of the features offered with this update are useful to you?
Thanks Nuno. Very clarifying. Do you think all the new Sense 3 platform sound improvements would be achievable for the Statement NG (in terms of processing capabilities, etc.)?

Thanks Nuno. Very clarifying. Do you think all the new Sense 3 platform sound improvements would be achievable for the Statement NG (in terms of processing capabilities, etc.)?
It receives the same update as all the other devices, so yes its feasible!

A few things amiss for me after the update.

1 - New Music has randomly added Tidal versions of albums I have in Qobuz and have certainly never added in Tidal.

2 - significant and unwelcome drop off in sound quality. Mids and warmth have gone. So, lots of detail but an element of grain has appeared and the lovely balanced sound has been replaced by something both Mrs. H. and I recognised as unwelcome and quite fatiguing.

Very concerned about the latter as it’s not enjoyable at all.
My Zen mk3 is used for playback of my cds and Tidal connect and its never sounded this great. My gear is Zen mk3, Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, TAD CE1.
Kudos to Innuos!

My Zen mk3 is used for playback of my cds and Tidal connect and its never sounded this great. My gear is Zen mk3, Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, TAD CE1.
Kudos to Innuos!
Bet it kills nice chain, love the TAD CE1’s, heard them at Axpona. My chain is Zen MK 3>Denafrips Terminator 2> Sim Audio Moon 700i>Focal Sopra 2’s. Innuos is so good at Digital/Streaming. Never tire of listening to the system.

A friend updated to 3.0. We were both listening to his Pulsar just prior to the update. We made no discussion regarding our impressions until we finished listening through the same sequence of music we had heard just prior to the update. We both made same judgements, that after the update to 3.0 that the sonic images were flatter, less dimensional and there was clearly less air and density within the music.

I also own a Pulsar. Several years back, I updated my older Zenith to 2.0 there was a large improvement in sound quality. I have never experienced an update that took a step back in sound quality until now. I’m hesitant to update my own unit to a 3. version. I see now there is a version 3.01 and I’m wondering if this issue we experienced was addressed.