Calling Sense 3 Beta Testers, who's in?

NVitorino

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 10, 2024
Hi,

For the first time, we are opening our Beta test versions for all of the community. No better way to start than with the new Sense 3!
Sense 3 will be available for all ZEN Mk3 Series, PULSE Series and Statement. Unfortunately the Mk2 platform is too old for the new OS. It has had around 8 years of free software updates, which is something not many companies do!

Before you jump in please do consider the following points:
  • While we have already tested the beta releases before going to public, there are chances of still having glitches, potentially even that may stop you from being able to listen to your music. You may have to live with this for a few days until the situation is resolved.
  • Once you have installed a beta version, you will not be able to revert to your previous version. You will, naturally, be able to install the final version with no intervention from Innuos.
  • Make a backup before applying the Beta to ensure you data is fully safeguarded

What’s new​

• Introducing TIDAL Connect
  • Allow to hide playlists in the playlists page
  • Additional sorting for playlists
  • New Playlist filters
  • It's now possible to add all tracks from a Qobuz, TIDAL and Sense playlist to new or existing Sense playlists
  • It's now possible to add all tracks from a TIDAL/Qobuz playlist to a user-created TIDAL/Qobuz playlist
  • It's now possible to remove and change position of tracks on user-created TIDAL/Qobuz Playlists
  • It's now possible to save a queue with only Qobuz/TIDAL tracks directly into a Qobuz/TIDAL playlist
  • Support for Qobuz Collaborative Playlists
  • Multiple album editing options have been combined into a single smart 'Merge Album' feature
  • Added support for expandable storage for ZEN NG and ZENith NG
  • Added support for using an external optical Drive for the ZEN NG and ZENith NG
  • Improved UI for alphabetic index sliders
  • Clicking/touching the album cover on the Now Playing screen opens a larger version of the cover
  • Improve NAS status check performance when rescanning a folder
  • Fixed missing information when accessing the track info in 'Now Playing' screen for Deezer tracks
  • Fixed issue that caused a Qobuz section to be shown at the bottom of every album even when Qobuz was logged out
  • Fixed issue with volume slider in iOS devices"

Applying for Beta​

• Start a conversation with our QA manager. To do this, click on the mail icon on the top right of the this page and click on “Start a new conversation”. Choose “Angelica” as recipient.
  • On Subject please use “Application for Beta Tester”. Let us know your name and the serial number for your unit.
  • Once you get a response from QA that it has been enabled, go to Sense > System > Update and the beta version should be available there for testing

Reporting an Issue​

• If you find an issue while beta testing, please check this thread first in case it has already been reported. If that’s the case, click on the “Like” as that will give us an idea of how many are experiencing the issue.
  • If it’s a new issue, just post on this thread and we will respond here.

Enjoy the new features!

Thanks for the beta! I installed it yesterday and have been playing around with it for quite some time. No issues so far. Subjectively, Sense feels snappier and more responsive on my Zen mini MK3. The only small glitch I noticed was the timestamps in the "Now Playing" window. They are apparently in a different font to the rest of the interface (Mac, iPad OS, iOS).

Reactions: NVitorino
Thanks for the beta! I installed it yesterday and have been playing around with it for quite some time. No issues so far. Subjectively, Sense feels snappier and more responsive on my Zen mini MK3. The only small glitch I noticed was the timestamps in the "Now Playing" window. They are apparently in a different font to the rest of the interface (Mac, iPad OS, iOS).
The fonts for the track time need to be monospaced so that the space doesn't vary when it's playing a file. We find it distracting when the size of the numbers change but maybe we're a little OCD :)

Hi,

For the first time, we are opening our Beta test versions for all of the community. No better way to start than with the new Sense 3!
Sense 3 will be available for all ZEN Mk3 Series, PULSE Series and Statement. Unfortunately the Mk2 platform is too old for the new OS. It has had around 8 years of free software updates, which is something not many companies do!

Before you jump in please do consider the following points:
  • While we have already tested the beta releases before going to public, there are chances of still having glitches, potentially even that may stop you from being able to listen to your music. You may have to live with this for a few days until the situation is resolved.
  • Once you have installed a beta version, you will not be able to revert to your previous version. You will, naturally, be able to install the final version with no intervention from Innuos.
  • Make a backup before applying the Beta to ensure you data is fully safeguarded

What’s new​

• Introducing TIDAL Connect
  • Allow to hide playlists in the playlists page
  • Additional sorting for playlists
  • New Playlist filters
  • It's now possible to add all tracks from a Qobuz, TIDAL and Sense playlist to new or existing Sense playlists
  • It's now possible to add all tracks from a TIDAL/Qobuz playlist to a user-created TIDAL/Qobuz playlist
  • It's now possible to remove and change position of tracks on user-created TIDAL/Qobuz Playlists
  • It's now possible to save a queue with only Qobuz/TIDAL tracks directly into a Qobuz/TIDAL playlist
  • Support for Qobuz Collaborative Playlists
  • Multiple album editing options have been combined into a single smart 'Merge Album' feature
  • Added support for expandable storage for ZEN NG and ZENith NG
  • Added support for using an external optical Drive for the ZEN NG and ZENith NG
  • Improved UI for alphabetic index sliders
  • Clicking/touching the album cover on the Now Playing screen opens a larger version of the cover
  • Improve NAS status check performance when rescanning a folder
  • Fixed missing information when accessing the track info in 'Now Playing' screen for Deezer tracks
  • Fixed issue that caused a Qobuz section to be shown at the bottom of every album even when Qobuz was logged out
  • Fixed issue with volume slider in iOS devices"

Applying for Beta​

• Start a conversation with our QA manager. To do this, click on the mail icon on the top right of the this page and click on “Start a new conversation”. Choose “Angelica” as recipient.
  • On Subject please use “Application for Beta Tester”. Let us know your name and the serial number for your unit.
  • Once you get a response from QA that it has been enabled, go to Sense > System > Update and the beta version should be available there for testing

Reporting an Issue​

• If you find an issue while beta testing, please check this thread first in case it has already been reported. If that’s the case, click on the “Like” as that will give us an idea of how many are experiencing the issue.
  • If it’s a new issue, just post on this thread and we will respond here.

Enjoy the new features!
Hi Nuno
If possible I Would like to test the Sense 3 on my Statement NG. What to do?
BR
Henrik Haas
High Performance Audio, CPH

Reactions: Niall
Hi Nuno
BR
Henrik Haas

Applying for Beta​

Hi Nuno
BR
Henrik Haas
Hi Nuno
BR
Henrik Haas
Hi Henrik

Nice to see you on the community forum, I can help you with the Beta enrolment, please send me a PM or email with the serial number of your Statement NG and I will do the rest :)
Br
Niall
Innuos

Hi Henrik

Nice to see you on the community forum, I can help you with the Beta enrolment, please send me a PM or email with the serial number of your Statement NG and I will do the rest :)
Br
Niall
Innuos
Hi Niall
I have sent you the info by messenger 👍

I have applied yesterday.
Haven´t heard anything yet from Angelica.
Maybe I did something wrong in the process?

I have applied yesterday.
Haven´t heard anything yet from Angelica.
Maybe I did something wrong in the process?
Hi Figge,

Please send me a PM with your email address and the serial number of your device and I will look into it.

Another small glitch. When adding a Qobuz stream track/album to the library in the “Now Playing / Queue” window, the circle would spin endlessly. Only after closing the window and returning to it, the addition would be acknowledged.

Another small glitch. When adding a Qobuz stream track/album to the library in the “Now Playing / Queue” window, the circle would spin endlessly. Only after closing the window and returning to it, the addition would be acknowledged.
What Innuos device are you using and what are you using to control it?

Hi folks,
just a first quick impression on 3.0.0-10; installation on a Zenith MK3 was flawless and done in just round about 15 min.
So far no problems, quick response as usual, i appreciate the new system mode menu !
Just one thing, happend also with 2.6.3 and actual sense app on ios pad -> setting screen always on often resets to not stay always on.
Thx so far for your ongoing improvements of the fine innuos and greetings from germany !

Hi folks,
just a first quick impression on 3.0.0-10; installation on a Zenith MK3 was flawless and done in just round about 15 min.
So far no problems, quick response as usual, i appreciate the new system mode menu !
Just one thing, happend also with 2.6.3 and actual sense app on ios pad -> setting screen always on often resets to not stay always on.
Thx so far for your ongoing improvements of the fine innuos and greetings from germany !
Hi, I'll check with the team to see if they can reproduce here.

Zen mini MK3 and I was using an iPad, but had issues as well with iPhone and Safari (Sense as Web App).
Hi,

I couldn't reproduce the issue. What I did was playing a Qobuz track, go to Now Playing screen then clicking the + sign to add to library. It did add normally to library. If your library was already updating then it may take a bit of time as the request is queued up. Could that be the case? If you can always reproduce, you can ping me a private message and we can take it from there.

Reactions: mountainview
Just installed 3.0 Sense, it took less than 10 minutes on my Statement Next Gen. Using iPad Pro III Gen OS 17.1.

It works flawlessly and sounds great. I like the idea to enlarge the cover album image, but in landscape it seems cut on right and left sides (in portrait on the contrary the image appears correctly).
If possible, in the Now Playing bar on the bottom, I’d appreciate the track number/total track numbers in a more viewable font size (now it’s very difficult to read, too small font).

Thanks and congrats, well done!

When using the slider alphabet search feature in Artist or Albums the output (A, B, C, D etc) is partially obscured by my finger when using IPad Air 2 running latest software it can receive which is iPadOS 15.8.2.

However when using iPhone 14 and IOS 17.5.1 output is more centrally on the screen which is perfect.

Reactions: mountainview
Just installed 3.0 Sense, it took less than 10 minutes on my Statement Next Gen. Using iPad Pro III Gen OS 17.1.

It works flawlessly and sounds great. I like the idea to enlarge the cover album image, but in landscape it seems cut on right and left sides (in portrait on the contrary the image appears correctly).
If possible, in the Now Playing bar on the bottom, I’d appreciate the track number/total track numbers in a more viewable font size (now it’s very difficult to read, too small font).

Thanks and congrats, well done!
I would also request a bigger font also for the track bit rate and sample frequency as this is also very small on the Now Playing Screen

Need to report another annoying issue on iPad Pro III Gen OS 17.1 and Sense App. Every time Sense goes on background while I’m playing music, coming back it appears a black page and the only way to proceed is restarting Sense. It shows the initial page with the server selection, like if I opened it. In the meantime the music continues flawlessly, it’s just the App that seems freezed.