What would you like to see on new Innuos products?

Hi Nuno,

we are focusing on modular outputs of new products, that is great (MSB owners for instance will be very happy to use the Pro-ISL connection).
What about input flexibility? Or at least a SFP port in order to let us choose Ethernet or fiber connection (‘DAC’ cables too) from our routers or switches, changing them along the way in future.

Last edited:
Hi Nuno,

Is it already obvious to you that an entry-level unit must be able to stream music from a Zen/Zenith library? If not, please think again. ;)

It should have AirPlay2 and BT5 receivers. Personally, I don’t think I will have a use case for UPnP or DLNA, but other folks do.

It needs single ended analog outputs, and S/PDIF (at least optical) would be very welcome.
A strong second for an S/PDIF output. The Sense app doesn't always play well with my Naim NDS streamer. An alternative to this would be to bypass the streamer section and send the digital output directly to the DAC, but the only options are BNC, RCA, or optical. I suspect that the NDS is not the only streamer/DAC that doesn't support a USB digital input.

On the hardware side, I would have very much liked to see:

1. a simpler -server only- product line as a companion piece to the Pulsar (or Pulse) with (expandable) NVMe storage, so that one could mitigate all server/library functions to that unit and use it as a dedicated NAS with the Pulsar as an endpoint.
That line could ideally be including the new motherboards from the Zen NG series with i3 or i7 processors but excluding the added cost of an elaborate power supply by making use of typical outboard units, not unlike the Zen mini,

2. some "upgradeability", e.g adding NG regulator modules to the Pulsar (if that is feasible, of course),

and on the software side (I'll mention it although I know this is not the place for it and that's because it's just one thing and one thing only that I'd like to see...):
the ability to add tagging (one tag will suffice for me...) to Tidal artists and/or albums, so that I could tag artists by genre/sub-genre and finally be able to browse my Tidal library in the only way that makes sense to me (through genres that is...).
If you ave 5K plus (and rising...) Tidal albums, I'm sure you can sympathize...:)

On the hardware side, I would have very much liked to see:

1. a simpler -server only- product line as a companion piece to the Pulsar (or Pulse) with (expandable) NVMe storage, so that one could mitigate all server/library functions to that unit and use it as a dedicated NAS with the Pulsar as an endpoint.
That line could ideally be including the new motherboards from the Zen NG series with i3 or i7 processors but excluding the added cost of an elaborate power supply by making use of typical outboard units, not unlike the Zen mini,

2. some "upgradeability", e.g adding NG regulator modules to the Pulsar (if that is feasible, of course),

and on the software side (I'll mention it although I know this is not the place for it and that's because it's just one thing and one thing only that I'd like to see...):
the ability to add tagging (one tag will suffice for me...) to Tidal artists and/or albums, so that I could tag artists by genre/sub-genre and finally be able to browse my Tidal library in the only way that makes sense to me (through genres that is...).
If you ave 5K plus (and rising...) Tidal albums, I'm sure you can sympathize...:)
On the new Next-Gen units we now have products that, if bought without any storage, function as even higher-end PULSE devices, but nonetheless CAN be bought with storage (and users can expand that storage) to make them server/streamers positioned between Mk3 and STATEMENT.
So, in relation to your point 1., would we be achieving what you're looking for if we applied this principle to the price points below Next-Gen? So for example, we took either the PULSE series or the ZEN Mk3 series and offered them as options with no storage (just a streamer/endpoint) or an option with storage (to make it a streamer/server)? This would make sense, because in a single product line we can cater both people that do need a server, and those that just need a streamer - you simply buy the product configured to your needs.

Reactions: peliase
On the new Next-Gen units we now have products that, if bought without any storage, function as even higher-end PULSE devices, but nonetheless CAN be bought with storage (and users can expand that storage) to make them server/streamers positioned between Mk3 and STATEMENT.
So, in relation to your point 1., would we be achieving what you're looking for if we applied this principle to the price points below Next-Gen? So for example, we took either the PULSE series or the ZEN Mk3 series and offered them as options with no storage (just a streamer/endpoint) or an option with storage (to make it a streamer/server)? This would make sense, because in a single product line we can cater both people that do need a server, and those that just need a streamer - you simply buy the product configured to your needs.
My line of thinking revolves around the "clear upgrade path" type of logic, that many firms seem to be following these days.
This logic is centered around intermediate price points between models and the ability to move from the one you own to another or even an "upgraded" version of the same one.
This model mandates that these intermediate points are not too fat apart, so that the model remains financially viable for both the consumer and firm.
The price difference between the Pulsar, which I own now, and the Zenith NG, which I suppose -to my mind at least- could be considered as the only clear upgrade path currently on offer (since it seems to add the new motherboard (with the i7 processor), NVMe storage and NG regulation, without sacrificing the ARC6 power supply like the Zen NG does) looks like it could be exceeding the 10K mark, either with or without storage.
This would create too steep a price point for me (perhaps others too) to reach.
Now, if I could have the ability to upgrade the Pulsar to the new mobo with an i3 and NG regulation (a Pulsar NG of sorts...), that could be considered as an intermediate, logical and viable upgrade path, I could perhaps be able to achieve.
Additionally, some firms are also using the "companion piece" logic, where a customer invests primarily in one product and then adds "companion pieces" as they go along.
Following that logic and since storage is not a top priority for me, if a Zen mini like server that could handle all library functions and add storage (with either an i3 or i7 and NVMe storage) was on offer, I could perhaps also add that to the Pulsar at some stage.
For that second proposition, I agree, that there are other options that can be considered as well and personally I have indeed often dabbled with the idea of just getting a Zen mini mk3 and use it a server, but since I don't have an immediate need for storage, other system priorities seem to have gained over that solution.

Greeting guys,

For the new ZEN "Next Gen" series, I'd like to see the new ZENmini NG with 2 to 4 TB SSD storage at around EUR 2,500. Next one up, ZENmedium NG would be something like Innuos PULSE, but with internal SSD storage and AES/EBU, coax, and USB Audio digital outputs. The ability to connect external DVD-ROM drive to rip CD is also very nice becuase I aleady have Melco D-100.

Looking forward to see them at High End Munich 2025. ;)

Best regards,
ToMmY

Reactions: pearson1977
Greeting guys,

For the new ZEN "Next Gen" series, I'd like to see the new ZENmini NG with 2 to 4 TB SSD storage at around EUR 2,500. Next one up, ZENmedium NG would be something like Innuos PULSE, but with internal SSD storage and AES/EBU, coax, and USB Audio digital outputs. The ability to connect external DVD-ROM drive to rip CD is also very nice becuase I aleady have Melco D-100.

Looking forward to see them at High End Munich 2025. ;)

Best regards,
ToMmY
How about at the end of the year:)

• Love
Reactions: TMY168
It might be an old fashioned concept, however a physical remote control would be nice to see.
Indeed, there is some precedence to this with another brand of streamer with their RC1 remote control.
If there was a remote control, a small colour display would be nice. When there are several people listening, only the person in control of the sense app can see what is playing at the moment. A display showing the album, artist and track title with the artwork would increase the involvement of the other listeners I feel.

Reactions: peliase
Hi there. IMHO the entry level models serve a different type of user, obviously with lower budgets but probably also different needs. I was wondering if e.g. a new streaming device could have Inputs (Analog/Phono/Digital/USB/HDMI) and maybe even WiFi and Bluetooth. This could potentially make them a kind of “Jack of all Trades”, a central hub. It definitely would give users new options and reduce the requirement for additional equipment. I certainly would be very happy about such features. Less clutter, juggling and apps … A smart device to start with. Then you could always upgrade and become more sophisticated while it still could have a place in the setup.
I agree a wifi connection would improve the connection possibilities where the potential customer cannot easily route an ethernet cable from the streamer to the router. Having bluetooth would be good for the many bluetooth headphone users out there.

Having bluetooth would be good for the many bluetooth headphone users out there.
🔷 In my opinion,.if you search for bluetooth,
there are many other products than InnuOs.
If you prioritize the sound quality, bluetooth is not even in your thoughts.

who says a display will spoil the sound quality?
General consensus among DAC and streamer manufacturers is that a display can cause noise, it implies an accurate design built like power separation and so on. This is also the raeson why they often prefer a simpler and clearer solution, no display!
Sometimes even a led on the switch ports is a no-no choice, as per manufacturers.
Innuos website seems to agree with that position, if I’m not wrong.

And noise pollution can alter sound quality, hence the effort manufacturers and customers spend fighting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peder
I would like to see an option to merge two albums into one. And sometimes, Tidal and Qobuz remove an album. If an album is removed, you can’t remove the album from your collection. It would be great if it can be removed.
Hi,

This feature is currently available in Sense. To merge albums, follow these steps:
  1. Navigate to the album page.
  2. Tap the 'multiselect' icon in the top right corner.
  3. Select the album(s) you wish to merge.
  4. Tap the three-dot icon.
  5. Choose "Merge Albums" from the menu.
I hope that helps :).

I'm happy to provide a screen recording of the procedure if my instructions weren't clear enough.

Considered the effort spent reducing noise both by Innuos and customers I think that a display shouldn’t be a good idea. Many prefer focusing on SQ vs user interface.
who says a display will spoil the sound quality?
Pretty sure given Innuos' track record to-date, there could be room in the range for a device with a display (without being at the detriment to current and future options not having that capability). If having a device with a display could make Innuos' products more appealing to a wider audience, would be all in favour (Innuos' success helps sustain the spend on the products that we have purchased).

Reactions: malfordlad
I have the Zenith MKIII and really have no complaints or big wants. But since you are asking, occasionally I miss having a play/pause button on the unit. While I do not need one, I think it would behoove you to have a model that has a display, I am sure your engineers could do this without impacting the sound. Increased digital connectivity as a standard. Limiting to USB is limiting on some models. What not to do, what Sonos just did, I am a software engineer and I cannot figure out their new app. You have a great software platform, which is a big reason why I jumped ship after only a few months with brand A.

Again, great product, and great software and support.