Sense - release 3.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changelog

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue that caused the volume slider to not properly function for some DAC models
  • Fixed issue that caused the wrong playlist track to be played when playing Sense playlists with more than 500 tracks
  • Fixed issue that caused the Add to Playlist button in Queue options to be disabled wrongly
  • Fixed issue that caused some album covers to get cropped when in full-screen mode in the Now Playing screen

When new functions are added via software update, why not add more info in the Changelog.
Example, "Shuffle" now functional via dropdown menu (3 dots) in Playlists.
Surely not that difficult is it?
Users now have that extra info straight away without having to find out for themselves or asking questions here which takes up "Administrators and Moderators" time, thereby more efficient.
A fair point - a caveat in the release notes likely would have helped for when the UI change was applied, so let's see if we can be more descriptive in the future.

Reactions: Esscee and Peder
Well guys I am loving the sound of this new update. I don't know whit it is but from the bass to the highs it is so much better than it had been since the 3.0 update. I thought the naturalness had gone away at that update. And now the magic sounds like it is back. It just seems like I hang on every note. I like that.

Thank you,
Ron

@Stephen Healy,
Thank you for your reply to my suggestion.
I remember the varied topics and friendly conversation we had on the Friday lunchtime at the February Bristol HiFi show and looking forward to see what future updates might bring.
Stephen

Reactions: Stephen Healy
I know this may sound bizarre, however, when I went to InnuOS 3.0.2, I though the playback sound suffered, due to (what seemed to be) lower output (or strength) in the "treble region". Now that I have rolled forward to InnuOS 3.0.3, however, the treble strength (and clarity) seems to be back as it was previously in 3.0.1.

In hindsight, 3.0.2 seemed to be the first time that the sound degraded (as perceived from me in my system here). Luckily, InnuOS 3.0.3 seems to be BACK in full stride.

SYSTEM: UpTone Audio eRegen [w/ UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS] -> (via TWL Freedom eNet cable ) > Innuos PhoenixNET -> (via Shunyata Omega Ethernet) -> Innuos Zenith Mk.3 -> (via Shunyata Omega USB) -> Innuos PhoenixUSB -> (via Shunyata Omega USB) -> Blue Circle BC-515 DAC

Reactions: Peder
I didn't install the hot fix. I was to worried that I would mess something up. It sounds perfect now to me. I am afraid to touch it. Although I will when 3.1 gets here. And it's that treble energy you are talking about that I actually don't like. To me it is more effortless without that additional energy up top. And my speakers are very fast so they don't need it.

Since updating to Sense 3.0.3 the volume control which I set to 100 has on a number of occasions randomly, without being touched, reset itself to 50. It would be useful to be able to lock the volume control to a fixed volume setting.

Reactions: mikehughescq
Since updating to Sense 3.0.3 the volume control which I set to 100 has on a number of occasions randomly, without being touched, reset itself to 50. It would be useful to be able to lock the volume control to a fixed volume setting.
To clarify, you mean since running 3.0.3 the volume is randomly dropping itself to 50 from 100 and it has done this more than once? If that is true and if this behaviour persists then please send us a support ticket. We've generally not had feedback like this in relation to 3.0.3 so there is perhaps something system-specific happening.

To clarify, you mean since running 3.0.3 the volume is randomly dropping itself to 50 from 100 and it has done this more than once? If that is true and if this behaviour persists then please send us a support ticket. We've generally not had feedback like this in relation to 3.0.3 so there is perhaps something system-specific happening.
Yes, that is precisely what I am saying. It has happened 7 or 8 times and I haven’t been able to detect any pattern to when it might occur; it just happens seemingly at random. If it continues I shall send a ticket as you suggest. This didn’t happen before the most recent update.

For me 3.0.3 has been very weird as far as SQ is involved... This is the first time I'm actually complaining about SQ with Innuos...but I am experiencing sibilance, loss of bass impact and generally a murky sound to the point I don't want to listen to music through the system anymore... 3.0.2 was really great and I don't get the comments about "treble energy" at all but every system is different I suppose.

For me 3.0.3 has been very weird as far as SQ is involved... This is the first time I'm actually complaining about SQ with Innuos...but I am experiencing sibilance, loss of bass impact and generally a murky sound to the point I don't want to listen to music through the system anymore... 3.0.2 was really great and I don't get the comments about "treble energy" at all but every system is different I suppose.
Hello 🙂

Your post made me react,.I experience exactly the same thing as you describe the sound quality.

All of a sudden it started playing as you describe...
I thought there was something wrong with the fiber connection, so I contacted my fiber supplier.
They checked everything,.but it was as it should be.
I then started checking my ethernet-cables and USB- cables,.also changed to other cables,but it still played as you describe.

I'll notify @Stephen Healy so maybe he can look into this,.because I agree with you...
♦️Right now I don't want to listen to music through my system.
Has InnuOs Zenith mk3 and InnuOs USB-reclocker.

Reactions: tedwoods
Oh, this is interesting. My Chord DAC went in for repair. Chord could find nothing wrong but replaced the main PCB for a second time. Now it’s back and, having updated to 3.03 the sound is sibilant. There is a loss of bass impact; a generally murky sound and I’m really not enjoying listening to the system any more. Having ruled out the DAC I was about to contact my dealer to discuss how we start working through my 4 boxes of Naim amplification. Having read the above though, the description is uncanny and it appears we’ve reason to possibly be concerned?

Reactions: tedwoods
Interesting glitches appearing from the last updates, surprised.
Now, is there any way that Sense updates can be rolled back?
Thinking like Windows for example, where if an update causes particular grief to a user's unit the user can "roll back" to previous working software version.
Might be something to consider, I noted that when looking for "Beta testers" it was mentioned that a user could not go back to previous working version.
@Stephen Healy, Could you confirm whether or not a Sense update can be "rolled back", if not then please look at this possibility?

I have found this happening too. Seems to relate to having more than one device on the network. In my case it sets itself to the volume of a Naim Muso QB which sits upstairs with the offspring. Interesting because it shouldn’t be choosing that as the default device when it’s second in the list and everything works as expected if you disable it.

Anyways, at this point I’m more concerned about sound quality having deteriorated.

I have found this happening too. Seems to relate to having more than one device on the network. In my case it sets itself to the volume of a Naim Muso QB which sits upstairs with the offspring. Interesting because it shouldn’t be choosing that as the default device when it’s second in the list and everything works as expected if you disable it.

Anyways, at this point I’m more concerned about sound quality having deteriorated.
Thanks. That may explain my issue. I normally use Sense on my iPad but have just noticed that the volume on my iMac version has been set at 50 so the two devices may have been fighting with each other over what the volume should be. Without the benefit of a time-machine (H.G. Wells-style rather than Apple backup) I can’t be sure that was the cause so I’ll be keeping an eye on the situation.

As for your other concern I haven’t noticed any audible deterioration in sound quality but then my ears aren’t what they used to be; I shall listen more closely.

🔷 Hi 🙂...
I throw out a question…
How do you notify a person here so that they pay attention to your post.

On other forums you do it like this...
@Stephen Healy
@DanCollier

BUT,.I don't know if it works here, since I did that, but still don't get attention and answers to my questions.

Cheers...
/Peder 😃

Thanks. That may explain my issue. I normally use Sense on my iPad but have just noticed that the volume on my iMac version has been set at 50 so the two devices may have been fighting with each other over what the volume should be. Without the benefit of a time-machine (H.G. Wells-style rather than Apple backup) I can’t be sure that was the cause so I’ll be keeping an eye on the situation.

As for your other concern I haven’t noticed any audible deterioration in sound quality but then my ears aren’t what they used to be; I shall listen more closely.
It’s just happened again. I’m stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.