Roon on Innuos

pearson1977

Jun 18, 2024
Denmark
After a long time with Innuos Sense, today I wanted to try Roon on my Innuos Zen MK2. I previously had Roon on my Zen and thought I should probably make a backup of my Roon Database. I'm so frustrated because I can't get it to work. When I try to add network share I get the message "There was an unexpected error" I think I have tried most things, but is it the same IP as my Zen user or the one my wifi is connected to?

Hi, could you please clarify, are you trying to make a backup first of your existing Roon Core, or are you trying to restore an existing Roon Backup into the ZEN? Where is this backup stored, is it stored within the ZEN?

If the network path is exactly correct then I am not sure what the unexpected error is, would perhaps suggest raising this on the Roon forums. Perhaps is there has been a long time between backups and versions of Roons, there is some generational compatibility bugs.
Perhaps post on here the network address you are trying and we can see if there are any obvious mistakes or not.
Alternatively, perhaps make a brand new backup to a different destination altogether - either a NAS if you have one, or a USB drive instead.