Radio functions

rhale64

Aug 2, 2024
N.E.Ohio
Yes I am a new Sense user. I am liking the quality. But I am thinking I will be going back to Roon because of one game changing feature. I absolutely love Roon Radio. I love how at the end of my playlists it determines music and finds me new great music all the time. Can I do anything similar on Sense? Other than that fm radio sounding crap with commercial's. I don't want to hear commercials during my music playing. You never get to listen to the music. I would even pay a small fee for something similar to Roons Radio function. So please I am hoping I just don't know what I am doing and we have a function similar. Please tell me we do.

Thank you,
Ron

Hi Ron, the feature of an Autoplay 'Radio' function is one of our most requested features;

Therefore, we are looking into some kind of equivalent feature.

Regarding your Internet Radio streams, they are about to get a lot better in update Sense 3.1 which should, in some cases, also deal with the commercials (although adverts are inherent to many stations);

I like the fact that you can just discover so much different music that you would have never thought of. The app will just randomly pick songs that are related to the type and genre you are listening to. And just keep on playing. It is also good for burning in equipment if you believe in that stuff.

Personally I’ve found taste by algorithm to be something of a failure. It tends to throw up second or third rate versions of stuff in specific genres. The thing which makes great music unique is not that it’s in a specific genre. Nor is it because it’s within that genre and sounds similar to; not unlike or related to x. I’ve had friends try to turn me on to such music and, overwhelmingly, It’s either stuff I already know or stuff that’s just vaguely like other stuff and really not that interesting.

I find it a far less reliable way of finding new music than simply listening to stuff on the radio or reading reviews.

As I say, the single most important aspect of a feature like this for me has to be the ability to disable it permanently.