Exporting Playlist

RGHill

Sep 12, 2024
Scotland
Hi, I've just bought a Zen mini mk3 (absolutely love it) and just getting to grips with all functions via the Sense App. When I export playlist to USB all the albums exported have track 1 lumped together, ditto track 2, track 3 etc. Absolute nightmare when trying to listen to an album like a musical, opera etc when each track should follow on instead of ending up like a compilation album. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Solution
Hi, thanks for reply. I'm playing USB through my car audio system. Everything seems to export fine, it's just a jumble when accessing the tracks. Would it work creating a playlist for each separate album?
The car audio system would need to be able to see and play the m3u file contained in the folder to play the tracks in the same order as the playlist - there is quite a strong chance that audio system does not support that.

Creating a playlist of each album could take quite a long time - depending on the size of your music collection on your ZENmini, it might just be easier to start performing a Backup of the library to a USB drive. You could then take that drive to the car stereo, and your whole music collection would be on...
Hi, this will depend on what player/system you are playing this playlist through? The playlist export should contain an m3u file to maintain the correct playlist track order, but depending on how/where you are playing this playlist, it may not work, and so the player will just play the sequence of songs as they are just found in the folder, and that will be the original track number assigned from its original album.

Hi, thanks for reply. I'm playing USB through my car audio system. Everything seems to export fine, it's just a jumble when accessing the tracks. Would it work creating a playlist for each separate album?

The car audio system would need to be able to see and play the m3u file contained in the folder to play the tracks in the same order as the playlist - there is quite a strong chance that audio system does not support that.

Creating a playlist of each album could take quite a long time - depending on the size of your music collection on your ZENmini, it might just be easier to start performing a Backup of the library to a USB drive. You could then take that drive to the car stereo, and your whole music collection would be on that USB drive to play.

Solution
@RGHill,
Regarding playing Usb through your car audio, have you checked to see what type of file extension the car system is expecting to see?
For example, can it play Flac, mp3?
Reason for this is that some car audio systems may not play flac and also check what file structure as in Fat32?
Some car systems do not play Flac music files.
How do I know, spent much time reading through car audio book to try to find out why system would not play files!

The export of playlist is useful, but what I would very much like see is the ability to synchronize playlists between my Innuos devices that are in different places. I tried to export/import playlists, but it created duplicates of the files. Ideally the backup disk could be used for this, but currently the only way is to erase the second device and restore from the backup. A process that is too long and cumbersome for synchronizing. So I take screenshots, and then recreate the playlists... Not too efficient and also cumbersome.