Which Dac do you find works best with your Innuos

Toneranger

Jun 8, 2024
USA
My Denafrips Terminator 2 12, loves my Zen 3. I also tried my Schiit Yggy OG, nice sound but not at the T2 level. What has worked well for you?

Reactions: Peter_Hafkamp
Statement NG > PhoenixNet > Chord MScaler > Chord DAVE.
I have tried alternative DAC's, DCS, Weiss, T+A, most if not all are excellent, the issue I have is usually you end up with additional features not required, streaming function, operating app, I'm happy with Innuos handling these functions. Finding a stand alone DAC is getting more difficult.

Last edited:
Zen Mk 3 > Chord Dave.
Together with Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 (upgraded by JS Audio) Dali Epicon 2's on Track Audio stands with twin BK P12-300sb-df subwoofers.
Cabling by Black Rhodium. Power cords and power upgrades by Russ Andrews. My only change to the network was the inclusion of an English Electric Network switch (very surprised by it).
Biggest advance was the Dave DAC about three years ago when I finally committed to streamer/server as a front end and gave up on CD.
Having heard several other DACs over the years the DAVE, to my ears, is simply sublime.

Highly recommend the RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Zen Mini Mk3 (USB Output) -> Phoenix USB -> (USB Input) RME ADI-2 DAC FS (Balanced XLR out)
I’m really interested in the Phoenix USB, how did it step up your Zen mini, ( big difference?) I have a Zen MK 3 and am wondering if it’s worth the investment?

Glad to see this community has been established.

Pulse Mini (with Temple Audio Supercharger PS) --> Linear Tube Audio (LTA) Aero DAC. As my audio system had been a "hibernation" for about 8 years, I decided to make a few changes/upgrades. Had been using EMM Labs Dac2 in my system, but decided to give LTA a shot. So far, very, very good.

Also, exploring if I should upgrade from the Mini to Pulsar.

Reactions: yomaha
Glad to see this community has been established.

Pulse Mini (with Temple Audio Supercharger PS) --> Linear Tube Audio (LTA) Aero DAC. As my audio system had been a "hibernation" for about 8 years, I decided to make a few changes/upgrades. Had been using EMM Labs Dac2 in my system, but decided to give LTA a shot. So far, very, very good.

Also, exploring if I should upgrade from the Mini to Pulsar.
I upgraded from my zen mini with pls to a Zen MK 3, very nice step up in sound, moe weight, presence and separation of instruments and vocals, everything just sounds more right. I was wondering if it was worth the investment, I can clearly say it is.

I started off using a Zen Mini2 then a Zen Mini3 and now a Zenith3 and always using a Linn streamer that has its own DAC of course and Linn preamp and now a Linn Akurate DSM3 and the results are just phenomenal. I do not stream any music at all just my own ripped cd's though the Linn does give me access to a vast amount of world radio stations which is a great way of hearing some new stuff but is no replacement for my own ripped music. The Zenith was a massive upgrade over the Mini's and I can only endorse any of your upgrades.

Reactions: justaute
I recently upgraded from the Pulse to the Pulsar and I can tell you that the SQ isn't subtle but HUGE! It's a solid piece of equipment.

Definitely not cheap. I'm now considering upgrading my speakers after I heard ATC 50ASL actives and I can tell you that after hearing these, there is no reason to spend big $ on an amplifier ever again. All you need is a decent preamplifier with these tri-amped Class AB speakers!

Reactions: Malc. and justaute
Definitely not cheap. I'm now considering upgrading my speakers after I heard ATC 50ASL actives and I can tell you that after hearing these, there is no reason to spend big $ on an amplifier ever again. All you need is a decent preamplifier with these tri-amped Class AB speakers!
I have the ATC 50ASL's on home demo just now lovely speakers, as you say no need for power amp plus I don't have a preamp just use the pre function of the Chord Dave, along with Mscaler into Innuos Statement.

Reactions: DanCollier
Awesome! Will these speakers work in my room that's 14' wide x 21' long x 9.5' tall ? Or will the 100's be a better choice?

Have you heard of the Angela-Gilbert Yeung C312 preamplifier? It's pretty impressive. And the ATC speakers just grab your soul and pull you in!

Reactions: Malc.
I would try the 100's if you have a good dealer, also call/email ATC they are ok to deal with, would guess the room match is asked often. That's an exotic sounding pre amplifier, no sorry don't know of it, will certainly check it out.
Just realised you are in Ontario so don't know what the ATC dealer coverage is like, with your room I would favour the 100's but the 50's wouldn't disappoint.

Yes the preamplifier is unique. It's solid state but allows you to adjust for a tube-like or a solid state-like sound and the desired warmth. I heard it with the ATC 50ASL speakers and couldn't believe how incredible something could actually sound! These units are all hand made here in Canada. Albeit the faceplate on these units aren't for everyone, but it's what's inside that counts. The dials and switches are top notch

Pulsar into Holo May L2 in standalone mode.

Both optimised around usb. The Holo May does like DSD, so I'm teetering on the edge of buying a Mac Mini to send everything to the Pulsar using the HQPlayer endpoint mode. Should I ... shouldn't I?

Previously had a Zen Mk3 and did use both for a while with the Pulsar in endpoint mode, but found standalone mode just as good.