Tip of the Day - Sense 3: Playing Playlists Shuffled

NVitorino

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 10, 2024
Hi,

On Sense 3 we have have provided support for larger playlists (>500 tracks) to be played without making the queue/playlist area slow. This is done by dynamically loading the tracks in the queue rather than adding all tracks in one go. This architecture allows to have easily much larger playlists which was a highly requested feature - although I'm still convinced that whoever creates very large playlists wants something different in fact, more like a library view but that's not the point here.
On a large playlist, the system now loads 100 tracks initially and then adds blocks of 50 tracks as it goes nearer to the end.

One side-effect of this is that users can't just play the playlist then click the shuffle button to get it shuffled. Instead, there is now a specific Play Shuffle button on the playlist. This will allow to play the playlist shuffled yet still loading dinamically the tracks.

1722271490099.png

Hope this helps clarifying how it works. Your feedback will be most certainly appreciated whether this makes sense to you or not.

Hi. I sent this through support and you pointed me to this post, thanks. What I am experiencing is queuing three albums,say, and then not being able to shuffle the queue. I've done this many times in the past to create a mix of tracks.
Not sure what has changed

Hi. I sent this through support and you pointed me to this post, thanks. What I am experiencing is queuing three albums,say, and then not being able to shuffle the queue. I've done this many times in the past to create a mix of tracks.
Not sure what has changed
Hi, ok so this is a different matter. Let's open a different post then on Help and we can follow up there:

Hi,

On Sense 3 we have have provided support for larger playlists (>500 tracks) to be played without making the queue/playlist area slow. This is done by dynamically loading the tracks in the queue rather than adding all tracks in one go. This architecture allows to have easily much larger playlists which was a highly requested feature - although I'm still convinced that whoever creates very large playlists wants something different in fact, more like a library view but that's not the point here.
On a large playlist, the system now loads 100 tracks initially and then adds blocks of 50 tracks as it goes nearer to the end.

One side-effect of this is that users can't just play the playlist then click the shuffle button to get it shuffled. Instead, there is now a specific Play Shuffle button on the playlist. This will allow to play the playlist shuffled yet still loading dinamically the tracks.

View attachment 60

Hope this helps clarifying how it works. Your feedback will be most certainly appreciated whether this makes sense to you or not.
Hi!
Your explanation doesn't work. This morning I wanted to play from a playlist with 400 hundred tunes. Sense started to "Loading the playlist" and after that it wasn't possible to shuffle songs. I tried the button you showed in the picture above but it didn't work either. The strange thing is that the Sense app doesn't "Load" all of my playlists when I want to play from them. Some of them works perfectly and I can use the shuffle function immediately.
Nyqan

Hi!
Your explanation doesn't work. This morning I wanted to play from a playlist with 400 hundred tunes. Sense started to "Loading the playlist" and after that it wasn't possible to shuffle songs. I tried the button you showed in the picture above but it didn't work either. The strange thing is that the Sense app doesn't "Load" all of my playlists when I want to play from them. Some of them works perfectly and I can use the shuffle function immediately.
Nyqan
I also noticed the shuffle function does not work on my large play list.

Hi again!
I want to add that today (Friday 16:th of August) when I continued to play tunes from the playlist I played from yesterday, I could use the function shuffle, something that didn't work the day before. But the same problem with the shuffle function were still there when I tried to play from the other playlists. It seems as Sense need a lot more time to load a playlist than what is acceptable. Is there a problem with some of the algorithms? Another thing. When I use the shuffle button as you wrote, Sense starts to "Load playlist" and the same problem is still there.
Nyqan

Today I was still having problems with my large list. I reloaded the list from Qobuz to Sense and the entire 602+ list transferred over and the shuffle function is working. The shuffle icon from the list page (PLAY \/) is the one that works. The shuffle icon as the bottom of the Now Playing song page is grey and does not respond. Much more fun!

Thanks,