Sense and Qobuz playlist won't go past 1st song in list

ThriftyAudio

Jul 1, 2024
California
Hello,

I recently purchased a Pulse and Phoenix USB to upgrade my streaming. They are definitely an upgrade over the DMP-A6, although not as much as I had expected. Perhaps the A6 was hitting above its price point. At some point there is the law of diminishing returns. I think I have reached a level of streaming that I can live with for several years.

Anyway, I have two playlists on Qobuz that I access through Sense. On each list the only way I can get to songs that are not the first song in the list is to start with the first and click next until I get to the song I want. My large list is 602 songs so you can imagine clicking through to the section I want is cumbersome. The same list with the Eversolo app I could pull up the list, select the song I wanted, and it played right away. This must be possible with Sense, but I have not figured out how yet. Any suggestions?

Solution
We've confirmed this as a bug on 2.6.3 and it will be fixed in 3.0 which will be releasing soon.
For now, there is a workaround: press the large 'Play' button at the top of the playlist to play the whole list from the beginning. Then, expand the Now Playing screen to fullscreen and swipe left to view the track queue. You will see all the subsequent tracks listed, and you can scroll down to another track there and tap to play it. Due to the 500 track playlist in the queue, you may find that the final section of tracks from the playlist could be missing in the Queue, and shows only the first 500.
We've confirmed this as a bug on 2.6.3 and it will be fixed in 3.0 which will be releasing soon.
For now, there is a workaround: press the large 'Play' button at the top of the playlist to play the whole list from the beginning. Then, expand the Now Playing screen to fullscreen and swipe left to view the track queue. You will see all the subsequent tracks listed, and you can scroll down to another track there and tap to play it. Due to the 500 track playlist in the queue, you may find that the final section of tracks from the playlist could be missing in the Queue, and shows only the first 500.

Reactions: justaute
Solution
This is not fixed in 3.0 as far as I can tell. Was it thought to be?

This is not fixed in 3.0 as far as I can tell. Was it thought to be?
Hi,

This issue was resolved in version 3.0. I tested it just now by selecting random tracks from a playlist with 636 songs, and each track played correctly.

Could you let me know what device you're using and if you're on version 3.0.1? Please try logging out of Qobuz, logging back in, and retesting. Let me know if the problem persists.

Hi,

This issue was resolved in version 3.0. I tested it just now by selecting random tracks from a playlist with 636 songs, and each track played correctly.

Could you let me know what device you're using and if you're on version 3.0.1? Please try logging out of Qobuz, logging back in, and retesting. Let me know if the problem persists.
I'm on 3.0.0. I'll update to 3.0.1. Before I do that, I just tried a Qobuz playlist. Chose a song in the middle and it played from that spot, as I want it to. I then went to Tidal Rising, hit "show all" under singles, chose a random song and it only plays that song, not from that point. Is that the way it's supposed to be? See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 7.30.14 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 7.30.14 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
I'm on 3.0.0. I'll update to 3.0.1. Before I do that, I just tried a Qobuz playlist. Chose a song in the middle and it played from that spot, as I want it to. I then went to Tidal Rising, hit "show all" under singles, chose a random song and it only plays that song, not from that point. Is that the way it's supposed to be? See attached.
Hi,

Yes, this is intentional. The Tidal Rising list displays individual tracks. To play them all, simply click the large Play button in the top left, which will add all the tracks to your queue.