Sense 3.0 Features

guardajoias

Jul 18, 2024
Lisbon
Hi. I am testing Sense 3.0 and so far have very few issues. So congratulations.

I understand that the most important additions in Sense 3.0 are related to the new hardware products and therefore not visible on my hardware (Zenith Mk3 and Zen Mini S Mk3). However, I am a bit underwhelmed by the feature evolution of the software. 2.0 was a revolution and 3.0 is of course an evolution. This is fine. But for existing products, the additions are very slim although welcome: finally the ability to sort playlists, and a couple of refinements.

Meanwhile, there are significant aspects that have been discussed since the debut of 2.0 and are still nowhere in sight. First among them is the management of classical music. What happened to the Classical music mode that we have been discussing for 3 years now? It is sorely needed. The current system does not even display the composer in Now Playing. Or the ability to select several tracks to add to a playlist in search results, which is something I could do even with iPeng. I know the list of feature requests is very long, but the above 2 examples are available on other platforms and at least some variant of it has been discussed for a long time... And there are many other suggestions as you know.

I hope 3.1 and 3.2 will be more exciting than 3.0! Some "Innsight" on the road ahead would be welcome :)

Reactions: mikehughescq
Hi Guardajoias,
Thanks for all your feedback during the beta process, it's appreciated.
I'll begin by saying that different updates will mean different things to different people. Understandably, if you are neither a Tidal streamer or Playlist user, this update may not seem to offer much. However, these additions are rather significant for those users that do. This is to say that reactions to updates will always be quite subjective and vary on individual relevance.
It's also worth pointing out that similar to 2.0, 3.0 does lay the foundations for the next long term platform of Sense. Therefore, owners of Innuos devices that have updated to Sense 3 can be reassured by the fact that this is a commitment to several years of further continuous updates. This is why it was a 3.0 update, rather than simply a 2.7 update which perhaps would have been a logical nomination if judged by UX features alone.

Secondly, as you rightly say there is a very large number of open feature requests. If i sort these by the most voted and look at the top 25, i can see 5 or so requests that are currently in our pipeline amongst other quite significant changes we have planned, so there are indeed features that should prove popular. We have to take a utilitarian approach here; features that require an especially large amount of work must be very worthwhile. We also want to pursue features that place us a bit more uniquely or can differ us in the market, though of course must still address 'the basics' such as the playlist sorting etc.

There's plenty to look forward to in 3.1 and beyond, and until then i will continue to keep the feedback zone updated to reflect what is in store!