Looking for advice for choice of hardware

dvdr

Jul 28, 2024
Germany
Hello
Hopefully, you can help me in choosing the right model for my needs! I am looking for a stable, very good sounding, configurable HARDWARE “server”. Standard off-the-shelf home servers like Synology seem not to be the optimum for audio tasks.
I do have a Linn Klimax DSM, so the audio-side of streaming is of top notch quality, no analogue outputs needed.
  • My music resides on a 8TB SSD, painstakingly tagged, that I want to keep using
  • Currently, I use Asset UPnP and Minimserver on a Raspberry Pi to serve my music to the Linn streaming client - that needs to be improved.
  • I am looking for better hardware with stable quartz clock and optimized for the task of audio-streaming
  • I want to be able to install Asset UPnP and Minimserver on that hardware, again, since they perfectly fit my needs. So either Linux or Windows operating systems are fine.
  • I do have a Keces linear power supply 12 V / 15V / 16 V // 3A in case I can use it to power Innuos products
so basically what I am looking for is a stable hardware optimized for audio-streaming, that allows me to update it for my needs. Is there an Innuos hardware, that meets my criteria?

Hi, here are some comments to your points;
  • Innuos servers have an import wizard to copy all those music files over and would leave the metadata completely intact, but you'd not be able to use the current SSD itself. It would be best to relegate that to a backup role.
  • Innuos servers have AssetUPnP built in pre-configured by default. We also have 'SenseUPnP' which does give you the option to use the Innuos Sense app to play back the music and remove reliance exclusively on the Linn app.
  • Perhaps you should consider the PhoenixNET switch which has a 3ppb OCXO clock and contains two high-end internal linear power supplies. This would go between your server and streamer.
  • As mentioned, AssetUPnP is preinstalled. Minimserver is not an option. Innuos has its own OS built on a Linux platform.
  • With the exception of the entry models, Innuos devices have multiple linear power supplies already built-in so the Keces would not be required.
In short, these are turnkey solutions, so if you are specifically looking for more of a DIY kit then it will not be the right choice.

The most configurable option we currently offer would be our new ZEN Next-Gen or ZENith Next-Gen which can be ordered with no internal storage, but you can add your own m.2 SSD. It can also be ordered without a Digital Output Module is you wish to only use as a server. It has an available 'Streamer' Ethernet port from which to connect the Linn Klimax DSM directly to;