Backup drive does not

musician

Jul 17, 2024
U.S.
I downloaded files on my external HD back-up onto the Zenith HD.

Unfortunately, some files that I know were present on the source HD from which the back-up drive was created, were not copied onto the Zenith HD.

Anyone know how to correct the situation?

Solution
Update: my system is now up and running, but I am unable to find the location (Sense and / or Roon) of a new CD I just ripped --- even after a manual scan of my entire CD collection on Sense. Any suggestions on where to look?
When you did this transfer, did you do an IMPORT from USB, or did you use the RESTORE BACKUP process? These two processes have slightly different behaviours, so would be good to know which one you did specifically.

BTW, I encountered a similar problem in May. At that time I assumed the 1 TB external HD (which was error-free for the prior 3 years) had become corrupted, so I reformatted it and forced a rescan. It was when I tried to transfer the rescanned files onto the external HD that I encountered the error meassage, "Unable to find USB."

Update: my system is now up and running, but I am unable to find the location (Sense and / or Roon) of a new CD I just ripped --- even after a manual scan of my entire CD collection on Sense. Any suggestions on where to look?

Solution
If you go to System > CD Ripper you will have the ripping history there. If the CD doesn't show there then potentially it did not rip successfully.

If you go to System > CD Ripper you will have the ripping history there. If the CD doesn't show there then potentially it did not rip successfully.
Hello NIno,
Within the Zen\music\CD-quality folder in Finder, there's a list of the files I just ripped but within the Innuos Music program, "No Data" is listed next to each file name.

Can you send a few screenshots so we can better visualise the issue?
The left screenshot was captured immediately after the CD was ripped. The middle screenshot was captured a few seconds before completion of the rip and shows the last track still being ripped. The screenshot on the right was captured after my second attempt to rip the identical CD.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.01.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.01.52 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.09.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.09.57 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.11.54 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 11.11.54 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Ok, either the CDs you've inserted are very exotic and there's no data available to them on the metadata services or otherwise perhaps you don't have a network connection? Does the system show as offline on Sense > System?

The CDs are non-commerical and were created a few years ago in the same manner as I used to create my music collection. The only change is that the ~500 CDs I uploaded used the prior version of Innuos.
Regarding a network connection: As long as I disable my VPN, the Innuos network is active, i.e., when I interrogate the Update page, it performs a search and confirms I am using the latest update.

Update: disregarding the error message (screenshots above) does NOT prevent creation of a new CD, so this issue is resolved.

New issue
I own two Zenith devices and a Nuprime IDA-8 DAC.
- Zenith #1 consistently provides audio when I randomly select a music track from within Innuos Sense, but inconsistently provides audio when I randomly select a track from within Roon (in which case my Roon Core --- Macbook Air --- provides audio instead)
- Although Zenith #1 produces audio when connected to the DAC, Zenith #2 does not, even after several minutes.

Update: disregarding the error message (screenshots above) does NOT prevent creation of a new CD, so this issue is resolved.

New issue
I own two Zenith devices and a Nuprime IDA-8 DAC.
- Zenith #1 consistently provides audio when I randomly select a music track from within Innuos Sense, but inconsistently provides audio when I randomly select a track from within Roon (in which case my Roon Core --- Macbook Air --- provides audio instead)
- Although Zenith #1 produces audio when connected to the DAC, Zenith #2 does not, even after several minutes.
Hi, this is a different issue from the original opening post, so please could you start a new post in the Help section and provide as much detail as possible; which ZENith is storing the music files, and which one is connected to the DAC? What is the other ZENith connected to? Are you running one exclusively as a Roon Bridge and the other just with Sense? Many thanks.

In an earlier post, I noted that my Zenith could not find the external backup HD. I reformatted the external HD on the speculation it had become corrupted, after which the error message no longer appeared.
This morning I made several minor titling edits to my music collection, followed by a (successful) backup after each revision. However, when I went to make the final backup of the morning, I again received the "Can't find the backup drive" error message. Instead of reformatting the HD, I decided to shut down the Zenith and wait two minutes before rebooting. It worked! The external HD was recognized and I was able to back up my collection one last time.
Anyone encounter the same issue?