Back button from artist list broken

Simon W

Jun 7, 2024
USA
I can reproduce this on the Sense App as well as from my.innuos.com in the browser:
From Music -> Tags -> click on any tag
-> from drop down next to Album, pick either All Artists or Album Artists or Composers;
See list of artist names and their circular icons;
-> click on any artist
See albums of that artist;
-> click on the back button ('<') on the top left corner.
This brings back to the list of artists, except that the circular icons are all blank and the spacing between them is squished so that the artist names are no longer invisible.

Reactions: DanCollier
Hi,

Thanks for this. I could reproduce this on version 2.6.3. We'll get this fixed for version 3.0. In the meantime we'll post this as a Known Issue.

Solution
Hi,

Thanks for this. I could reproduce this on version 2.6.3. We'll get this fixed for version 3.0. In the meantime we'll post this as a Known Issue.
Great. Thanks for your speedy response. While you're at this, may I make one suggestion? When clicking on the back button, it would nice if you can go back to the prior position on the list. For example, if I have a list of 1000 artists and I scrolled down to click on the 678th artist's icon to see his/her albums. When I click on the back button, it would be nice if I am sent back to roughly the same spot in the artists list, so that the 678th artist is visible. Right now, I'm back to the top of the list, hence a lot of scrolling to get back to where I was browsing. This applies to all back buttons, not just the artist lists. Thanks for listening to my suggestion.

Great. Thanks for your speedy response. While you're at this, may I make one suggestion? When clicking on the back button, it would nice if you can go back to the prior position on the list. For example, if I have a list of 1000 artists and I scrolled down to click on the 678th artist's icon to see his/her albums. When I click on the back button, it would be nice if I am sent back to roughly the same spot in the artists list, so that the 678th artist is visible. Right now, I'm back to the top of the list, hence a lot of scrolling to get back to where I was browsing. This applies to all back buttons, not just the artist lists. Thanks for listening to my suggestion.
Sorry for the late reply. This should always be the case. I've re-tested with the Music > Artists page and it does keep context on back. Can you reproduce that and let me know the exact steps so we can check here?

My bad. I wasn’t from the artist list when the back button didn’t maintain position. Instead, I was in the album list from a tag. So here is my repro: Tags -> pick any tag -> scroll down and pick any album -> back.

I went through the artist list, artist list from albums, composers from artists, etc, and all are working fine.

I listen to a lot of classical music. I used to use Minimserver as my source. When searching for tracks, it allows me to progressively narrow down the search by any criteria in any order. For example, I can first select the genre (classical), then pick a composer, then drill down to an artist, then pick a sampling resolution, then find an album. At this time it will be displaying only those albums that satisfy all the earlier criteria including genre and composer, rather than every albums of the artist. Then I play a track from there. Or back track. I often start from genre and I back track a lot. That’s how I discovered the bugs on Sense when starting from Tags.

Reactions: NVitorino