After updating to 3.0, the volume cannot be adjusted

oolong

Jul 24, 2024
TAIWAN
After I updated to 3.0 I can no longer adjust the volume. (USB output)
It is always the maximum output.
Is this a BUG or does it need to be set somewhere?
Thanks.

Mine is Pulse mini

Hi,

I have a suspicion this may be because the DACs you are connecting do not have a control on ALSA as we needed to make some changes on volume control due to the TIDAL Connect integration. Let us check internally so we can check a solution or workaround for this.

@oolong , @Toneranger - can you let me know which DAC model you are using?

Last edited:
Hi ToneRanger,

Would you be available for a remote session so we can have a look? Can you reach me out via PM and I'll send you a remote session link.

Hi,

I have a suspicion this may be because the DACs you are connecting do not have a control on ALSA as we needed to make some changes on volume control due to the TIDAL Connect integration. Let us check internally so we can check a solution or workaround for this.

@oolong , @Toneranger - can you let me know which DAC model you are using?
Hello, my DAC is Chord Qutest.

I am a user from Taiwan and it is difficult to contact me. I always use Google Translate. Thank you. I hope the normal functions can be restored.

Reactions: NVitorino
We have now confirmed the issue. This happens only with some DACs as it depends how they register on ALSA. Anyway, we do have a solution to get the volume back and keep TIDAL Connect with no impact on sound quality.

You can follow progress here: