Upgrade

Good question, that makes me add: and how the new ZENith NG will be compared to current Statement Next Gen? Will the new optional output modules be replaced by customers or once chosen on order and mounted the first time they will always need to be factory re-installed? To swap from a AES/EBU to a I2S module for instance if a new DAC would require different connection.

Thanks.

Reactions: Malc.
I have a quick question.
Would the new ZEN NG be a better audio experience/upgrade from my ZENith MK III?
Thanks
Hi sombre23, although we use the ZEN naming convention, there is not a huge relation to the Mk3 products. In fact, there is DNA from the STATEMENT NG in the new ZEN NG and ZENith NG and zero DNA from the Mk3 devices, hence why we use the NG nomenclature.
In other words; yes, the ZEN NG is going to be a significant step forward over the ZENith Mk3 not just in sound quality but also in general output and storage flexibility, and overall system performance.

Good question, that makes me add: and how the new ZENith NG will be compared to current Statement Next Gen? Will the new optional output modules be replaced by customers or once chosen on order and mounted the first time they will always need to be factory re-installed? To swap from a AES/EBU to a I2S module for instance if a new DAC would require different connection.

Thanks.
Hi Luca! Nice to see you here.
The output modules on ZEN NG and ZENith NG (and PULSAR, for that matter) are designed so that they do NOT need to come back to factory for installation. We anticipate some users could carry out this servicing themselves, or at the very least their Innuos dealer could do it for them.
In terms of ZENith NG vs STATEMENT NG, we did this A/B comparison many many times at Munich. Speaking honestly, the majority of reactions (although not all of them) still preferred the STATEMENT NG in outright sound quality - myself included. You would perhaps expect this given the higher price point it still sits at compared to ZENith NG, but in some cases it really might come down to what 'type' of sound you prefer because there were tonal differences. Furthermore, the much higher degree of flexibility from the Expandable Storage Management, paired with the peace of mind that you can adjust your output connection mode in the future does have give the ZEN/ZENith NG a 'convenience' benefit.

Glad to be here, Stephen. As you remember I strongly suggested a Forum, well done, congrats!

Thanks for your answer and useful infos. As soon as you can provide the upcoming MSB Pro-ISL module (as I already said to Nuno) I’ll take the upgrade into serious consideration. Good luck for you work!

PS: I’d be honored to be a beta tester for the ZENith NG in order to provide you a review/comparison with the Statement NG especially comparing also USB vs Pro-ISL output modules. Let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Luca! Nice to see you here.
The output modules on ZEN NG and ZENith NG (and PULSAR, for that matter) are designed so that they do NOT need to come back to factory for installation. We anticipate some users could carry out this servicing themselves, or at the very least their Innuos dealer could do it for them.
In terms of ZENith NG vs STATEMENT NG, we did this A/B comparison many many times at Munich. Speaking honestly, the majority of reactions (although not all of them) still preferred the STATEMENT NG in outright sound quality - myself included. You would perhaps expect this given the higher price point it still sits at compared to ZENith NG, but in some cases it really might come down to what 'type' of sound you prefer because there were tonal differences. Furthermore, the much higher degree of flexibility from the Expandable Storage Management, paired with the peace of mind that you can adjust your output connection mode in the future does have give the ZEN/ZENith NG a 'convenience' benefit.
Hi Stephen, after adding the Statement NG last year I haven't really kept fully up to date with developments, I was aware there was a lot happening but assumed it was within existing Innuos product parameters. Your post paints a different picture. Time to look and research further, perhaps a better Innuos product for me now in the line up. My personal view is perhaps it's moving a wee bit too fast, hopefully a more settled period is on the horizon.

Thanks for the information Stephen.
Looking forward to hearing the new NG products later in the year.
Will there be any upgrade pathway similar to the Roon Nucleus Titan offer?

yes, the ZEN NG is going to be a significant step forward over the ZENith Mk3
Hi @Stephen Healy 🙂...
Thanks for that explanation.

But if you combine the Zenith mk3 with the InnuOs Phoenix USB-reclocker...
How close does the above mentioned combination come to the new Zen NG in sound quality..??
This if you were to hypothetically speculate in percentage.?
60, 70 percent,.or maybe even closer.

/Peder 😃

Last edited:
Reactions: zkiizo
Hi @Stephen Healy 🙂...

How close does the above mentioned combination come to the new Zen NG in sound quality..??

/Peder 😃
Hi all,

Same question as Peder. I have the Zenith MK3 and USB Reclocker, how does it compare to Zen NG or Zenith NG ? Is there a world of difference, or is it more subtle ?
Thanks
Michel

Reactions: Peder
Hi Stephen, after adding the Statement NG last year I haven't really kept fully up to date with developments, I was aware there was a lot happening but assumed it was within existing Innuos product parameters. Your post paints a different picture. Time to look and research further, perhaps a better Innuos product for me now in the line up. My personal view is perhaps it's moving a wee bit too fast, hopefully a more settled period is on the horizon.
Hi Malc, as indicated by the pricing, the ZEN Next-Gen and ZENith Next-Gen still sit below the STATEMENT Next Gen so I don't think we have a better product for you to move to; these new devices bridge the very large price gap that existed between ZENith Mk3 and STATEMENT.
The new ZEN Next-Gen models do bring in a new modular approach for better flexibility, but unless you have a significant need for this (i2s module for example) then i see no reason at all to switch from your STATEMENT Next Gen!

Hi @Stephen Healy 🙂...

/Peder 😃
I've not done that demo just yet, and therefore certainly could not make percentage estimations.

Hi,
And about PULSAR, do you know when it would be possible to change the USB output module? (with the gain of the lite phœnix reclocker of course)
I'm in Europe
thanks

Last edited:
Currently own ZENith mk2 SE and Pheonix USB. Wonder which would be best upgrade path, either ZENith mk3 or ZENith NG. Fully understand that a home demo of both would be a sensible way forward but some pointers would be useful 😏. Also conscious that there is a considerable price difference between ZENith mk3 and ZENith NG so need to be sure that difference is worth it 😏! Would retain Pheonix USB in either case. Statement NG a bit out of my price range I am afraid😞.

Hi,
And about PULSAR, do you know when it would be possible to change the USB output module? (with the gain of the lite phœnix reclocker of course)
I'm in Europe
thanks
No confirmed ETA at the moment for the other output modules, but they should not be too far off.

Reactions: Lio
Currently own ZENith mk2 SE and Pheonix USB. Wonder which would be best upgrade path, either ZENith mk3 or ZENith NG. Fully understand that a home demo of both would be a sensible way forward but some pointers would be useful 😏. Also conscious that there is a considerable price difference between ZENith mk3 and ZENith NG so need to be sure that difference is worth it 😏! Would retain Pheonix USB in either case. Statement NG a bit out of my price range I am afraid😞.
A ZENith Mk3 would be a bit of a 'sidegrade' from the SE and not be radically different.
The ZENith Next-Gen is a whole different matter entirely, and is a very different beast. It would be a dramatic step up. Do note, you would not strictly need to keep your PhoenixUSB because you can order the ZENith Next-Gen with an internalised version of it as a dedicated output module. So, if it helped in terms of budget, the PhoenixUSB could be sold on along with the ZENith Mk3.

EDIT: I should add that the STATEMENT Next-Gen also has a fully integrated internal PhoenixUSB, so again, you would not need to keep your existing PhoenixUSB in considering the STATEMENT Next-Gen.

Last edited:
A ZENith Mk3 would be a bit of a 'sidegrade' from the SE and not be radically different.
The ZENith Next-Gen is a whole different matter entirely, and is a very different beast. It would be a dramatic step up. Do note, you would not strictly need to keep your PhoenixUSB because you can order the ZENith Next-Gen with an internalised version of it as a dedicated output module. So, if it helped in terms of budget, the PhoenixUSB could be sold on along with the ZENith Mk3.

EDIT: I should add that the STATEMENT Next-Gen also has a fully integrated internal PhoenixUSB, so again, you would not need to keep your existing PhoenixUSB in considering the STATEMENT Next-Gen.
Hi Stephen, is the internalised version of the Pheonix USB as good as the stand alone model? I thought that the dedicated power supply of the stand alone version would be better than the integrated version - I may of course be wrong 😑

Hi Stephen, is the internalised version of the Pheonix USB as good as the stand alone model? I thought that the dedicated power supply of the stand alone version would be better than the integrated version - I may of course be wrong 😑
The PhoenixUSB 'Lite' uses the same dedicated board and OCXO clock as normal. The difference is how its powered, there's fewer independent rails and is shared with other aspects of the server, but it so happens that (on ZENith Next-Gen especially) that power source is a big step up; active rectification, NGaN regulation etc. So, easily as good.
On STATEMENT Next-Gen, it's completely the same as the standalone PhoenixUSB (the PhoenixUSB was born as a distillation of the design that was already in the STATEMENT).

Reactions: DanCollier