Roon to Sense

Phaedrus

Jun 22, 2024
Uk
Well, this has been an interesting few months. Having been part of the Innuos fold since 2018 & been fortunate enough to upgrade from a Zenith/3 to a Statement NG in the last year, decided to try again to get my Meridian 808V6 to work with Sense (having given up on the experiment with the Zenith). Why ? Roon is a magnificent piece of Software for Classical Music fans & as a lifetime member I was generally pretty satisfied. However, recent upgrades had made it laggy & unreliable (despite the usual excellent & thorough support from Innuos) & there was a nagging suspicion that my growing library of high resolution recordings should really sound better than streaming. There was an option to relocate the core to a fast pc (which I’ve done post Sense), but just five minutes with Sense 2 was enough to convince me to switch. Also, Roon was being fed by a reasonably good Ethernet cable whilst Sense was going via an old printer USB cable (now replaced with something more commensurate). In short, I’ve now firmly replaced Roon with Sense & am delighted with the SQ. Sense 3 has turned up & a further small improvement in SQ is noted. So a firm thumbs up on SQ. On the downside the metadata for Classical discs is pretty hopeless, but will surely improve - examples to follow - and I’m astonished that you can’t, for example, search for duplicates in Playlists - basic stuff in Roon. But in my particular system, there is simply no comparison in SQ. Well done, Innuos.

Reactions: Stephen Healy