Pulse Mini usb cable

mukihr

Aug 2, 2024
Croatia
Dear Sirs,
I have Pulse Mini streamer.
I am considering to get an USB cable that has split heads on USB A side (that is connecting to Pulse Mini) - one connector to let the power through and the other for the signal... those two cables get together on USB B side and go into my M2Tech dac together using one connector....
Since Pulse Mini has 4 USB outputs, that might work if i use such a cable - am i right or should i better use a cable that has one USB A on one side and one USB B connector on the other side??
Thank you for your time and in hope for an answer.....
Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Mukihr, that cable may help a bit if you have a source with a particularly noisy 5v like a powerful desktop PC. In the case of a dedicated streamer like a PULSEmini, this is going to be less of an issue - the point of buying a high-quality and low-noise digital source is that you do not need to worry so much about downstream 'noise suppressing' products.
Nonetheless, i should expect this cable would work fine if you decided to try one.
On topic of why 4 USBs - these ports are multipurpose. You can connect multiple DACs, or attatch a USB drive with music files for playback, or attach another USB drive to perform a music library backup etc. So, there are scenarios where having 3 or 4 ports available is useful.

Reactions: mukihr
In other words, i can connect SSD hard drive on one of those USB ports also??
I thought Pulse Mini can't handle external storage?!

Yes, this function exists on a fairly simple level in that you can connect a USB drive, then through the Music tab select the drive and browse through the contents that is similar to the Folder view - it will not integrate the music fully into the library and you cannot build playlists out of it. It is designed for more temporary usage.

Stephen, this is perfect news..... will try that as soon as i am back from a vacation
... if that works it will be a revelation.... i though i am not able to connect hard drive that way or on my internet modem.... so this is great news..... thank you.. made my day

Reactions: DanCollier
Hello guys,
I tried connecting my SSD drive directly, i van't find it...... 1TB SSD is to big??
Edit: it is not to big.... found it where it is hidden...
Nice!!!! It is working

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Healy
For Pulse series users - Whilst we offer playback from USB drives for added convenience, we recommend removing them when not in use. These devices generate noise that will affect sound quality.

If you're looking to build a local music library, I would recommend considering investing in one of our ZEN series products or a third-party NAS for an optimal listening experience!

Pulse Series & playing from USB