Prolonged delay before Zenith connects to the network

musician

Jul 17, 2024
U.S.
My Zenith seems to take noticeably longer to connect to the network than when I first bought it. I refreshed RoonServer by renaming the original folder (RoonServer_old) but it didn't make a difference. Can someone suggest another approach?

I scanned my network IP addresses and found that of the 11 active devices, the identity of the vendor was known in 3 cases and unknown in 8. Could the prolonged delay before network connection be due to interrogation of each "unknown" IP address until the relevant one is connected?

Interesting observation. Please clarify why an extender would prolong the time needed to establish a connection.
It’s an issue I had until I figured out what was going on.

Sky router upstairs broadcasting wi-fi. Can’t connect my Zenith to that because complicated route, 30m of ethernet needed and much dismantling of office furniture and raising of carpets. So, wireless bridge installed in living room with a short run of Chord C-Stream to the Zenith. Same room also has a Sky Q bid which acts as a hotspot even though I don’t want it to. Wrongly set up the bridge as a hot spot all of a sudden devices like the Innuos have to decide which of the three they’re connecting to. Thus the delay.