Potential New Customer

Alchemy1

Sep 28, 2024
United States
So, I have a fairly mid/highish end streamer. My problem is, I consistently have compatibility issues with Tidal and was instructed by the manufacturer to use Roon to fix my problem. Obviously, not being a Roon user, I do not want to have to use Roon to fix a problem that I feel should be addressed by the manufacturer of the player that says it is Tidal Connect compatible.

That has lead me on a search for a new streamer and Innuos is one of the two brands I am looking at. With that, I have a few questions before I end up in the same situation.

1. How reliable is Tidal Connect with the Sense app?

2. Does an Innuos streamer have to be sent back to Portugal for repair? I do not have a local dealer.

Hi Alchemy, welcome to the forum!
Yes, all our streamers support TIDAL Connect which recently got added as a feature. In terms of reliability, I do not see why the Innuos version would be radically better or worse than any other, but i think it is worth pointing out that a lot of these 'Connect' features are slightly imperfect - I use Spotify Connect who have been doing it for longer than anyone, and i still quite often encounter issues of speakers not appearing in the app etc.
The reason you were recommended Roon is because it bypasses Tidal Connect and implements within its own UI, but as you say this comes at a cost. I have to point out that with the Innuos Sense app, this does exactly the same thing as Roon in terms of integrating Tidal (and Qobuz and local files) but the Innuos Sense app will not cost you anything - it comes as standard when you buy the streamer/server.

In terms of repairs, yes at the moment it would need to come back to Portugal but we are looking to localise service where possible.

I hope that helps.

Hi, Innuos Sense app hands down for Sound Quality. Roon user for years. Innuos made me think I purchased new components. I have a pretty deep set up and TOTL internet switches and connections. Roon never sounded like this in over two years with plenty of component changes, Just my 2 cents

Reactions: DanCollier
Hi Alchemy, welcome to the forum!
Yes, all our streamers support TIDAL Connect which recently got added as a feature. In terms of reliability, I do not see why the Innuos version would be radically better or worse than any other, but i think it is worth pointing out that a lot of these 'Connect' features are slightly imperfect - I use Spotify Connect who have been doing it for longer than anyone, and i still quite often encounter issues of speakers not appearing in the app etc.
The reason you were recommended Roon is because it bypasses Tidal Connect and implements within its own UI, but as you say this comes at a cost. I have to point out that with the Innuos Sense app, this does exactly the same thing as Roon in terms of integrating Tidal (and Qobuz and local files) but the Innuos Sense app will not cost you anything - it comes as standard when you buy the streamer/server.

In terms of repairs, yes at the moment it would need to come back to Portugal but we are looking to localise service where possible.

I hope that helps.
Thank you for the reply. Lots of info here for me to dig more deeply into.

Hi, Innuos Sense app hands down for Sound Quality. Roon user for years. Innuos made me think I purchased new components. I have a pretty deep set up and TOTL internet switches and connections. Roon never sounded like this in over two years with plenty of component changes, Just my 2 cents
I appreciate the insight. I’ve heard that said before and I got Roon running on my current streamer last night. I have to agree. The sound of my system seems different. It has only been one day and I will give it more time, but a native, for lack of a better term, app that can integrate Tidal and/or Quobuz seems to be the way to go.