Misinformation on a commercial disc cannot be edited

musician

Jul 17, 2024
U.S.
Incorrect information cannot be edited on one of my commercial discs
Misinformation includes "live, bootlegged, compilation" and tracks performed by one conductor / orchestra listed as several conductors / orchestras
Is there a solution?

Last edited:
Solution
Hi,

Could you please provide more details about your issue so we can investigate and attempt to replicate it?

When you mention "Misinformation," are you referring to the album's "tags"? These tags are managed by the metadata on the disc. Alternatively, you can use "assisted mode" to edit the metadata as you rip the disc.

Additionally, could you let us know the device you're using and the firmware version? The latest firmware is 3.0.1.

Please if possible, provide a screen recording and I will look into it for you.
Hi,

Could you please provide more details about your issue so we can investigate and attempt to replicate it?

When you mention "Misinformation," are you referring to the album's "tags"? These tags are managed by the metadata on the disc. Alternatively, you can use "assisted mode" to edit the metadata as you rip the disc.

Additionally, could you let us know the device you're using and the firmware version? The latest firmware is 3.0.1.

Please if possible, provide a screen recording and I will look into it for you.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi Dan,
Thank you for responding to the issue I encountered. By simple trial and error, I was able to correct the situation by unchecking boxes that should have been let be!

My one outstanding issue with Roon, that no one so far has been able to solve, is "promiscuous" interpolation of similar track titles present in at least 6 of my albums. None of the corresponding track titles in Innuos shows such duplications.

To illustrate, please note in the screenshot below that the 3rd line down ("Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2"; 20:07)) is mistakenly interpolated between the 2nd and 3rd movements.

Any suggestions are most welcome!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 9.11.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 9.11.33 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Hi Dan,
Thank you for responding to the issue I encountered. By simple trial and error, I was able to correct the situation by unchecking boxes that should have been let be!

My one outstanding issue with Roon, that no one so far has been able to solve, is "promiscuous" interpolation of similar track titles present in at least 6 of my albums. None of the corresponding track titles in Innuos shows such duplications.

To illustrate, please note in the screenshot below that the 3rd line down ("Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2"; 20:07)) is mistakenly interpolated between the 2nd and 3rd movements.

Any suggestions are most welcome!
Roon is very much the music manager platform in this case, so this is a question that needs to be directed to the Roon community/support. As you say, you have no such issues on the files themselves as obtained ripping through Sense, so this seems to be a matter of how Roon is handling the files. For this reason, do check the Roon forums as i am sure someone will have encountered a similar issue, regardless of the hardware they are using to run Roon Core.