Innuos with Warwick Aperio

ARD53

Sep 30, 2024
CT
Hi All,

Just looking for anyone who uses Innuos (I have the Zenith MK3) with the Warwick Aperio. Thoughts? Comments? Set Up?

Hi All,

Just looking for anyone who uses Innuos (I have the Zenith MK3) with the Warwick Aperio. Thoughts? Comments? Set Up?
There might not be that many users with this specific setup, but it should be fairly straight forward. Go USB out of the ZENith into the Apeiro. There are not many audio settings to change within the Innuos Sense app - have a test of setting USB latency to low, and just set the DSD behaviour to Native DSD. Then, just be patient; if the ZENith you are getting is brand new then it will take a good few weeks for the linear PSU section and Mundorf caps to really break in and sound its best.

Hi to all, Ok I just want to say this to anyone on the fence about SENSE and Innuos in general. Short version I am in the Hobby almost six decades. Bought,Sold,Traded quite bit from my first $129.00 stereo purchased at the local appliance store to later in life after getting to build a room for music. There are not as many truly "WOW" moments in the hobby as we may like to believe after spending serious $$$ on a component. However today I had a real WOW moment for only the 2nd time in the last couple of years. The first was when I received my Aperio the second was today when I received my Zenith MK3, set up sense and turned off Roon with the Nucleus one.( which I liked) I have a long way to go with getting into this set up but I can tell you right now THE SOUND IMPROVEMENT exceeded every expectation. I already know I will never go back to Roon. My job now is to get my PHD in Sense functionality because I'll never give up how much improved my entire library sounds whatever tracks I choose. Wow, I'm a happy camper. Thanks Stephen for your help and thanks Innuos ...and this is your midrange component......???

Hi to all, Ok I just want to say this to anyone on the fence about SENSE and Innuos in general. Short version I am in the Hobby almost six decades. Bought,Sold,Traded quite bit from my first $129.00 stereo purchased at the local appliance store to later in life after getting to build a room for music. There are not as many truly "WOW" moments in the hobby as we may like to believe after spending serious $$$ on a component. However today I had a real WOW moment for only the 2nd time in the last couple of years. The first was when I received my Aperio the second was today when I received my Zenith MK3, set up sense and turned off Roon with the Nucleus one.( which I liked) I have a long way to go with getting into this set up but I can tell you right now THE SOUND IMPROVEMENT exceeded every expectation. I already know I will never go back to Roon. My job now is to get my PHD in Sense functionality because I'll never give up how much improved my entire library sounds whatever tracks I choose. Wow, I'm a happy camper. Thanks Stephen for your help and thanks Innuos ...and this is your midrange component......???
Thank you very much for your feedback, this is fantastic to see!
Happy to help with any Sense-related questions you have. Enjoy!

do you guys have an upgrade path for the next level product?
Hi,

The ZENith MK3 will remain available for the time being, with no direct replacement currently planned. However, we have recently launched our new Next Gen lineup, which includes the ZEN and ZENith Next Gen models. Although they share the same name, consider them a completely new modular platform, featuring optional output modules, user-expandable storage, and numerous performance enhancements.

ZENith Next Gen & ZEN Next Gen

Dan, I am trying to set up my backup ssd . I have a Samsung t7 2tb drive I erased on my Mac. When slotted into my MK3 the message I get is it does not see any disc?
Second . which is the best option- using the sense app on my IOS iPad or use my MBP safari web site for Innuos, any differences?

Dan, I figured the SSD back up out

Open question remains on the best user app IOS or MBP
No difference between control devices - these are just 'windows' on to the system to control them. They will have the exact same functionality and have no impact on sound.

Dan, I figured the SSD back up out

Open question remains on the best user app IOS or MBP
You beat me to it as I was just going to reply to your message!
Another tip, I would not recommend leaving your USB drive connected to the ZENith as they're noisy and can be detrimental to performance as they're connected to the mainboard.

Precisely!
Not sure if this is on another chat. Totally enjoying my new MK3, but wanting to go the next step. I had a couple of questions I don't see responses to on any thread . It looks like the Zenith NG could be my next step up, I'm reluctant to give up the CD ripper and I know an external can work but Im not quite sure how it would connect to my Aperio which my MK is by USB? Also I have several Mac superdrive cd players. Will they work. and I love the convince of the Sense set up to rip will that be the same.

Also does Innuos have any trade in allowance policies?

Not sure if this is on another chat. Totally enjoying my new MK3, but wanting to go the next step. I had a couple of questions I don't see responses to on any thread . It looks like the Zenith NG could be my next step up, I'm reluctant to give up the CD ripper and I know an external can work but Im not quite sure how it would connect to my Aperio which my MK is by USB? Also I have several Mac superdrive cd players. Will they work. and I love the convince of the Sense set up to rip will that be the same.

Also does Innuos have any trade in allowance policies?
Regarding the CD ripper, it does not connect to your Apeiro, it connect to the ZENith Next-Gen. The ZENith Next-Gen comes with a minimum of 3 USB ports so you will have plenty spare for connecting an external CD ripper to. The Mac Superdrive will work as a ripper I'm sure, the only trouble with those is it is quite tricky to determine the drive offset value to ensure a bitperfect rip.
But once the CD drive is connected, it behaves exactly as if it were an integrated one like the ZENith Mk3, and you still have all the same FLAC/WAV, Fast/Slow options etc. We have a small overview of it here:

Regarding trade-in, if you follow us on social media and wait until this weekend, there might be some news announced about this...

Thank you, I don't follow social media but I assume any announcements would be here as well. I will read about the external option. I just want something as seamless as your internal on my MK3 it's a pleasure to use. Also hopefully other disc options are not too expensive

Thank you, I don't follow social media but I assume any announcements would be here as well. I will read about the external option. I just want something as seamless as your internal on my MK3 it's a pleasure to use. Also hopefully other disc options are not too expensive
Yes, i will announce on here also.
When it comes to ripping, the final outcome and quality is more dependant on the software domain rather than hardware. Even getting another new optical USB optical drive will only be around 50 dollars. Nonetheless, we do make it very seamless and I have tested it myself.
Who knows, if you went for a Next Gen you could just get yourself a ZENmini to put somewhere convenient (office desk etc) and just use that as a ripper to then move the files over to the NG! ZENmini could also double up as a second zone player/streamer.

Terrific, I would hope to move up to a Next Generation Zenith or Zen for the improvement in sound. I just want a no hassle optical ripper so it's seamless etc. I can look into one I think you recommended. If I can get something for my MK3 I think ill take the plunge.
The next gen Zenith or Zen? recommendation? Ill keep looking for the announcement

I see a pulsar on line I am looking at. In reading the marketing I don't see anything about CD ripping or storage? Is the pulsar a move up from my MK3 doing the same functionality? Or is this a different approach piece?

I see a pulsar on line I am looking at. In reading the marketing I don't see anything about CD ripping or storage? Is the pulsar a move up from my MK3 doing the same functionality? Or is this a different approach piece?
Different functionality - the PULSE series are for streaming only, so have no storage/server functionality. Consequently, no CD ripping either.
An announcement should be going out shortly that will be interest