Innuos and Audirvana

swedegoingwest

Jul 2, 2024
Sweden
Hi, I currently "stream" a lot of stuff, both Qobuz and local DSD from my Macbook Air M1 using Audirvana to my Lumin X1 (soon to be replaced possibly by a PULSAR)- will this still work with the Innuos? Will Audirvana detect the Innuos on my network the same way as it does with the Lumin?

Good morning,

The Pulse Series does not currently function as a UPNP endpoint, so Audirvana is not compatible at this time. However, we are testing Audirvana native integration for the ZEN series and Statement. This feature will not be available on the Pulse Series, as they are designed as dedicated streamers for customers without local music or who already have another music server in place.

I'd recommend giving our Sense app a try, as its performance is likely to pleasantly surprise you. Playback from Sense via the PhoenixUSB Lite output supports up to 32-bit/768kHz, DSD256 via DoP, and DSD512 via Native DSD, provided your DAC is compatible.
Qobuz is also natively integrated into Sense, allowing you to create mixed playlists of Qobuz and local tracks. You can also enjoy typical Qobuz functions, such as favoriting an artist, album, or track.

What DAC are you planning to use alongside the Pulsar or perhaps a ZEN series product?

@DanCollier since there are only a few threads on this forum I was just checking what others were interested in. Your comment

"This feature will not be available on the Pulse Series, as they are designed as dedicated streamers for customers without local music or who already have another music server in place."

made me wonder if the Pulse will meet my needs.

My Pulse arrives late this week. I have already installed the Phoenix USB and it has improved my current streamer.

I am planning on adding a NAS. Will I be able to access the NAS through the Pulse while using the Sense app? My streamer service is Qobuz.

Thanks!

@DanCollier since there are only a few threads on this forum I was just checking what others were interested in. Your comment

"This feature will not be available on the Pulse Series, as they are designed as dedicated streamers for customers without local music or who already have another music server in place."

made me wonder if the Pulse will meet my needs.

My Pulse arrives late this week. I have already installed the Phoenix USB and it has improved my current streamer.

I am planning on adding a NAS. Will I be able to access the NAS through the Pulse while using the Sense app? My streamer service is Qobuz.

Thanks!
Hi Thrifty, yes you will be able to access a NAS drive full of music as the PULSE can monitor it and index it as a library destination using Sense. A ZEN series device would have covered this feature for you with its built-in storage, but you will be able to use PULSE with a NAS as planned, and you will be able to add Qobuz as your streaming service also.

@DanCollier I understand from your previous post that you're testing Audirvana native integration for the ZEN series. I assume the ZENith Mk3 will be included? Also, any time frame as to when this will be implemented?

@DanCollier I understand from your previous post that you're testing Audirvana native integration for the ZEN series. I assume the ZENith Mk3 will be included? Also, any time frame as to when this will be implemented?
Hi,

We're doing some testing of this feature internally as a potential candidate for future integration. However, it is not a priority at the moment, as our focus is on Sense and upcoming updates beyond version 3.0.

@DanCollier ok! Also- in a previous text, you stated that with the ZEN NG, the standard USB 3.0 ports could be used to connect not only backup/imports but also audio out. Does the same apply to the USB 3.0 ports on the PULSAR (not specified in the same way under the Connectivity tab)?

@DanCollier ok! Also- in a previous text, you stated that with the ZEN NG, the standard USB 3.0 ports could be used to connect not only backup/imports but also audio out. Does the same apply to the USB 3.0 ports on the PULSAR (not specified in the same way under the Connectivity tab)?
Good morning,

Yes the usb ports on all our devices can be used interchangably. Of course however, it’s best to use the reclocked USB output on the Pulsar for optimal sound quality. For backups, the USB 3.0 port is recommended as it offers faster transfer speeds.

@DanCollier Many thanks for your quick replies and patience. Last question is interesting to me because I already have an Ideon Audio Absolute Time in my audio chain before my Aries Cerat Helene USB DAC (previously Lumin X1) and so it will be interesting to compare the sound from the recklocked USB out (perhaps superflous?) with the non-reclocked USB port.

Hi,

Comparing the two outputs is very easy. Simply load a demo track into your Pulsar’s play queue and connect a USB cable to your DAC. The track will automatically start playing. When you switch the cable to the alternate USB output, the track will restart, making it easy to compare the two outputs.

Reactions: swedegoingwest