Can Roon be used with Innuos Pulse Mini?

Laurens

Jul 16, 2024
The Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I have the Pulse Mini and I’d like to experiment with Roon. I’m wondering if it’s compatible and if so how (lots of confusing statements online…).
Hoping to find conclusive answers:

If I use Roon Nucleus (one) or laptop for Roon Core, can the Pulse Mini be used as Roon player/controller?

Can the Pulse Mini be used for Roon Core as well?

Thanks and nice evening!

Hello everyone,

I have the Pulse Mini and I’d like to experiment with Roon. I’m wondering if it’s compatible and if so how (lots of confusing statements online…).
Hoping to find conclusive answers:

If I use Roon Nucleus (one) or laptop for Roon Core, can the Pulse Mini be used as Roon player/controller?

Can the Pulse Mini be used for Roon Core as well?

Thanks and nice evening!

Hello Laurens,

The Pulse Mini can only be used as a Roon endpoint, not as a Roon server.
I have a Pulsar and have Roon installed on a NUC
Another method to play Roon on your Pulse Mini is to switch it to Innuos endpoint mode, and enable Squeezebox support in your Roon server settings.
Hope this helps.

Peter

Reactions: Stephen Healy
Hello Laurens,

The Pulse Mini can only be used as a Roon endpoint, not as a Roon server.
I have a Pulsar and have Roon installed on a NUC
Another method to play Roon on your Pulse Mini is to switch it to Innuos endpoint mode, and enable Squeezebox support in your Roon server settings.
Hope this helps.

Peter
Thanks for advice Peter, much appreciated!

I’ve started the Roon trail and Roon detects all my audio devices except the Innuos Pulse Mini.
So sadly it looks like Pulse Mini is not compatible, i.e. it isn’t Roon Ready nor Roon Tested…

I’ve started the Roon trail and Roon detects all my audio devices except the Innuos Pulse Mini.
So sadly it looks like Pulse Mini is not compatible, i.e. it isn’t Roon Ready nor Roon Tested…
It works now, see attached:
Both “Combo384 Amanero” and “Innuos Zen Mini” under the “pulsemini” detected by Roon.
When selecting “Combo384 Amanero” it works, but when selecting “Innuos Zen Mini” it does not.
I don’t understand this...
Would be great if someone could explain.

The two entries will be referring to the two output modes. The Amanero will presumably be your DAC connected to the PULSEmini, whereas the 'zenmini' output will be referring to the analogue, coaxial and optical outputs so if you are not using one of those outputs then you will not hear anything.